The campaign to save the Electricity Works has the following aims:
- To preserve and renovate the existing Electricity Works buildings.
- To get the area declared a Conservation Area (this was successfully achieved on 17th January 2006).
- To ensure that any development that takes place on the site is in keeping with the surrounding area, both in terms of scale and appearance.
- To ensure that any additional residences built on the site do not further exacerbate the parking problem on the already congested roads.
- To ensure that local residents are not unduly inconvenienced or disturbed during the build process.
- To publicise the campaign as widely as possible in order to draw support from all levels of the community and government.